Dr. Michael Unti
Dr. Michael Unti graduated from Loyola University Chicago with a bachelor of science degree in physics, with honors. His dental education started at the University of Illinois Dental School where he received a bachelor of science degree in dentistry in 1986 then his doctorate degree in 1988, graduating fifth in his class.
From the beginning of his dental career, Dr. Unti has committed himself to achieving and maintaining excellence in dentistry. After dental school, he was awarded a Certificate of Orthodontics from the United States Dental Institute, an achievement that enables him to offer all phases of orthodontic treatment for patients of all ages.
Additionally, Dr. Unti has attended numerous advanced training programs in TMJ disorders and treatment, cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, periodontal surgery, and bone grafting.
In his personal life, Dr. Unti and his wife Debbie have three children and two grandchildren. They are pet parents to Winny the Dog, two red-eared slider turtles, and two red-foot tortoises. Outside of work, Dr. Unti also enjoys golf, woodworking, and fixing things that need fixing.
Dr. Unti is a long-time Assistant Scout Master for troop 160 and serves on the Men’s Ministry and several other committees at Living Grace Community Church in Cary, Illinois. With Living Grace. He has been on multiple mission trips to Honduras reaching the poorest of the poor with needed dentistry and the Gospel of Christ. He is the lead singer and manager of the Lakes Area Swing Band, an 18-piece Glen Miller/Rat Pack big band that raises funds to provide scholarships for kids who want to go to band camp. Dr. Unti is also honored to have received the Blackhawk Council Sycamore District Award of Merit and Distinguished Service Award.
- Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
- Fellow Academy of Dentistry Int’l (FADI); currently Vice Regent and Professional Relations Chair
- Lifetime Member Christian Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Association
- Illinois State Dental Society
- International College of Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics (ICCMO)
- American Academy of Functional Orthodontics
- American Academy of Functional Orthopedics
- American Equilibration Society
- International Academy of Orthodontics
Dr. Unti was selected as the Top Area Dentist pick by Consumer Reports in 2005 and Chicago Magazine Top Area Dentist in 2009.
Local Professional Affiliations
- President Northwest Suburban Branch Chicago Dental Society
- Mediation Committee Chicago Dental Society
- Delegate to the Illinois State Dental Society's House of Delegates
- Active in the Illinois State Dental Society's Political Action Force
- Professional Relations Committee for the American Equilibration Society